• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What are examples of playing SC4 "normal"?

Started by MyFlagshipCity, February 28, 2017, 04:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyFlagshipCity

All "good" videos and guides to SimCity4 on YouTube seem to be played with heavy modding. Where are the "normal" guides? I know there is this one, but he in the videos only gets up to 4k people.

Ernestmaxis

What is your motion of playing Simcity? Do you want to mod or download custom content? Most programs you download on Simtropolis or Sc4devotions have a manual to get to know the program before ope it.

Silur

Quote from: MyFlagshipCity on February 28, 2017, 04:00:01 AM
All "good" videos and guides to SimCity4 on YouTube seem to be played with heavy modding. Where are the "normal" guides? I know there is this one, but he in the videos only gets up to 4k people.

Try see it http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/402446-simcity-4-tutorial-part-1

Andreas

Well, what I like best about SimCity is that I can do what I want. :) You set the goals yourself, and don't need to fulfil any targets that the program sets (although there are those "U-drive-it" missions that I never touched). There are tutorials, but you don't need to follow them step-by-step either. Just let them inspire you. Make it as "normal" as you like!

Start with the in-game stuff (there surely is plenty to discover), and if you want more, browse the LEX/STEX/other download sites, and get what you like. If you found an artist who made stuff that suits you, browse his collection. But as long as you're still struggling to make your first steps, take it easy. ;)
Andreas

ChiefZDN

If you want more features but you don't know the mods, this link maybe help you to add morr features to the game. You can find dozen mods that you can downloaded by clicking the link. You don't need to donwload any mods in the list. However, some mods have some dependencies. Make sure your internet (especially if you downloading many mods with many dependencies) is fast enough because some dependencies is big-sized (>5 MB).

Have fun  :thumbsup:.