• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WAVES

Started by SIM1966, January 17, 2017, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIM1966

hI ALL,

was watching a utube vid that showed buildind roads allong the water which had waves and the water rolling in and out, can you recommend a mod or file that can do this.

Also is there a tunnel pack as i couldnt find out.

As allways thanks in advance.Ian

mgb204

If you look in the graphics options, you can enable waves and other effects for the game there. So far as I know, there is no need for any mods to do this, you just need to have it switched on.

As for tunnels, bearing in mind that the original tunnels are all you are ever going to get (it's impossible to add new functioning ones). You can override the models, which Rivit did for this mod, but other than that, I don't know of any others that work this way. It might be useful to know that both the MHO and ML's BTM mods in the NAM, include suitable overrides for their tunnels.

If you want to fake it, there are plenty of tunnel-based lots that generally convert traffic to Subway. Since we can't add new tunnels or add them for networks which don't support them, this is usually the best way to go. One other solution is to use lots that overlap the original tunnels, allowing you to choose between more than one style. The best on of these was made by DocRolach and can be found here (WMP Tunnel Portals by DocRorlach).

SIM1966

Very nice, thanks  :)