• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

This is a great addition to SC4. Thank You and good luck!  :thumbsup: &apls

Simmer2

So glad everyone liked it. Thank you  :)

While rummaging deep in my gmax playpen storage I also found these items. I made them back in July before I went on holidays.
..One sec......sorry I had to remove some sand from my eyes... :D

So its time to release some new sand brushes.

8 new sand brushes in MMP, plus 8 more of the same but with a smaller foot print, for a total of 16 new brushes.
I also made a single sand clutter brush (twigs, branches and tiny rocks)
And there is one more I left out (I will reveal it when ready.)

Here they are, the names are in descending order.

SM2 Sands ™

Simmer2/Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

It's a beautiful things. It always helps simple players to find new ways in SC4. THANK YOU!  :thumbsup:

vortext

Oh my! This is great, can't wait to play around with your new goodies! &apls :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Ohhhh yessss! Bring them on, the additional sand brushes...! 
Thanks Nick!

Simmer2

There is one more thing..

And this is what you can achieve...

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

Excellent! I like it!  &apls

brick_mortimer

Damn you!
You keep forcing me to add great stuff to my plugins folder!
$%Grinno$%

Incredible how much amazing content you keep creating for this wonderful game  :bnn:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Simmer2

Thank you!

Well, the wait is over. Click and plop! http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3484

Here are a few more examples.

Enjoy!

Simmer2/Nick

Ernestmaxis

Omg what a amazing work you deliver! May I thank you so much &apls

Alan_Waters

Great, as always!    :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

Silur

Thank You. Great work - I think You will surprise our people tomorrow...

tigerbuilder

Great stuff Nick! You are quite a roll. Please continue  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Hi Simmer2, I have a request to make which is the following:

Could you possibly expand the number of textures available in the terrain brush tool in the JENX Poseidon mod?

I believe this approach can be greatly expanded to include other types of textures: grime, gravel, meadows, road marks, rough concrete, etc...

By adding terrain textures on top of existing terrain textures it could bring even more variety to rural and urban scenes.

Thanks.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3077

Badsim

Hi Nick ,

What an house of wonders , an  Ali Baba's cave !  ;D When I posted for the first time , I had the feeling to support the rise of someone talented and meticulous but I certainly didn't expect such productivity with such quality , and all that you're proposing is promptly released : may you stay with us up to the end of time  !  :D Great ideas everywhere , a real aptitude to detect the gaps and fill them ... on your latest release , for example , the beach clutter is the kind of little things that have no price to my eyes ...

&apls &apls &apls

Keep on to enchant us . :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

feyss

It looks really nice. Great job  :thumbsup:

manga rivotra

Your latest updates are stunning though you are already accustomed to excellence!  :)
A big thank you to share with us.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

@Ernestmaxis  Thank you!

@Alan_Waters Appreciated it!

@Silur Thanks...I wish I could be faster though  :D

@tigerbuilder Thank you. I intend to  ;D

@ Vizoria Thanks Viz. I looked in to xannepan's mods and noted that he uses an overlay approach mixed with an invisible prop. He is light years ahead of me in that field. A real genius. I don't know if I will ever be able to reach his level.
However I did start work a while ago on other types of terrain prop class MMP's and of course there is a definite limit of what you can depict in an MMP format. As an example you cannot depict symmetric items due to the inherent rotation of MMP's.
For instance tire tracks.
Furthermore, even if I could find a way around that, you would have to have an incredible steady hand in order to have a continuous layout when applying that MMP.
But you never know....

@Badsim I really appreciate your comment and support. I will continue to strive for excellence  :thumbsup:

@feyss Thank you!

@manga rivotra Much obliged!

Continuing to add to the next prop pack.....

This is an old (turn of the century) factory which was converted to a metal coatings facility in the early 70's but after a few short years it was abandoned.

All props minus the vegetation are custom made by me.

Simmer2/Nick

Themistokles

Looks great as always :thumbsup: I sure hope, though, that they won't be refurbishing it anytime soon, because it'll be a hassle to reconnect it to the railway network in any way that doesn't completely ruin the looks of everything else :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Silur

This is amazing.  &apls :thumbsup:  I love the rusty roofs and abandoned buildings among the splendid nature. Thank you and good luck.