• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Banished!

Started by Mr_Maison, February 14, 2014, 05:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Looking good. About some mods turning red, well, do not worry too much about. Try to find out why they turn red and if you do not find the actual problem, just leave them on, but make sure that they are lower on the menu list than the more important ones.
This way even the things from the Fountain mod will load but what is available in the CC mod will be overwritten by the one higher in the list. This is what I do all the time, and I have no problems with them.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

I'm down to three red mods, the rest are green   ()stsfd(), so I'm pretty happy especially when I read a post over on the CC site that says they are looking at adding in the "Fountain Mod" Inn and houses to CC, anyway I though I'd post a few pictures

Fred you should recognize this mapseed from SimPeg

As you know I was moving all my villagers onto the island and keeping the fields, etc on the land around the island

I am now ... I think its from watching to many zombie shows on TV   ()sad()  ... building two stockades around the village the first will go completely around the island

the second will protect the fields, livestock and orchards

;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mrbisonm

Yeap, I recognize it well since I am playing on it also, but at the moment, I am pretty busy finishing two more categories of the MFP1 set (Modern Farm Props) for SC4.
As soon as I have done a little more on this island I will show some pics too, a bit different from yours, since I do not like organizing my buildings and fields, but build them in a way as the terrain lets me.
Nice going. I think to keep the food production on the mainland is a good idea enough for me to take the same steps. But I will really keep the main village on the island and if needed maybe enlarge it a little to the south later on.

Fred

Edit. btw, nice going to get rid of the red mods, I myself have about 50 percent of them in red, but it doesn,t really bother me as long as I keep them in line on the menulist. If the fountainmod will become part of the CC, that surely would be convenient, it will make another mod green.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

I've been trying to follow the shore line as much as possible, but quite large areas of the village are having to be knocked down and rebuild as I build down to the waters edge in a lot of places, the eventual aim is that most of the villagers will live on the island and be surrounding by the internal stockade, food production and industrial activities will be done on the mainland and they will be surrounding by the external stockade and gatherers, hunters and foresters will be out in the forest surrounded by their own smaller stockade with safe paths set up to the village gates ... its going to take a lot of logs to complete which is why I currently have switched on the debug menu so I can get an unlimited number of logs and stones when required ... I'm not using it for anything else as I don't want to cheat, so everyone in the village is stuck eating grapes and pumpkins for the foreseeable future until I can afford to buy some different seeds from the trader.

As for the situation with the red mods, I found I was able to get rid of a lot as I no longer needed them as they were now available in the latest CC, things like the official mods, advanced blacksmith, llamas, sawmills, dairies, bakeries, windmills, specialized stockpiles and a few others I can't remember have now been included, also things like the "Better Fields" mod are no longer required as its also part of the CC, and I've just switched off the "Wildlife" mod as some of that also appears to be part of the CC.

-Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Couchpotato

Be sure to get Red Ketchup's latest Medieval Town mod... the three story houses are great.   
Totally addicted to Banished now that there are some great mods.   

catty

Looks great, you can also get three story houses in Colonial Charter, but you have to do about 5 house upgrades on a home to get them, always assuming you have the right materials

:)

swordstalker2008

Quote from: Couchpotato on March 16, 2015, 11:26:27 AM
Be sure to get Red Ketchup's latest Medieval Town mod... the three story houses are great.   
Totally addicted to Banished now that there are some great mods.   

I seem to be having trouble finding this medieval town mod. Can you link it for me?

catty

Had a quick look round and couldn't spot it, I know he deleted his stuff off the Steam Workshop cos people were stealing them and putting them back on the Workshop under their own names ... there was patch put out to stop that happening but there is still a lot of duplicate-looking plugins still available on there

Rayden

Here is the latest version of it - link - He's soon updating another version, perhaps on the next few days or over the weekend. You can find his thread over here

swordstalker2008

Thanks! Simcity 4, Banished, and Civ 5 on my only 3 games I ever play. Couldn't live without them lol

catty

&hlp  :bnn:

Just released in the last fortnight  "Colonial Charter: Curse of the Golden Llama (1.4) "

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/welcome-mat/1255-colonial-charter-curse-of-the-golden-llama-1-4#11277

Would highly recommend it to people, still getting used to the menu changes and all the new extras that come with it.

()stsfd()

catty

Quote from: catty on June 08, 2015, 03:30:16 AM

...Just released in the last fortnight  "Colonial Charter: Curse of the Golden Llama (1.4)...

Start of a new settlement

and planting flowers

;D

catty

For those Banished players out there they have just released CC New Frontier - [Version:  1.55]

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/679-CC-New-Frontier-BlackLiquid#description

Part of me is going   :bnn:  the other part that's just started a new picture album over at CB of my CC Golden Llama village is going  :crytissue:

-catty

catty

Trying out CC New Frontier

:)

Rayden

I haven't play this for a while, get to have a go again sometime soon and see what there's new about mods.;)

catty

Quote from: Rayden on August 26, 2015, 08:06:03 AM
I haven't play this for a while, get to have a go again sometime soon and see what there's new about mods.;)

CC New Frontier is over half a GB in size so I have a feeling once I start really looking thru the menus I'm going to be getting rid of some of the mods I have in addition to CC not that there is very many these days ... main one is the fountain mod so I could have castles (+ walls).

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/686-The-Fountain-Mod-Highborn-Society-v-1-544-beta

catty

Quote from: catty on August 26, 2015, 11:21:45 AM
...before I hit the delete button on my village and loaded up CC New Frontier, so if you are interested (and a member of the site) the album is over here

http://city-builders.info/my-albums/item/318-beehive-v1-an-ice-age-village-cc-golden-llama/user/catty

I tweaked a setting, so unless the site is  :sleeping:  you should be able to see above link and also my new Ice Age MD here

http://city-builders.info/my-albums/item/337-beehive-v2-an-ice-age-village-cc-new-frontier/user/catty

()stsfd()

Rayden

Very nice Cathy, I really like those tepees and the palisades. Which mod are they coming from?

catty

The new Colonial Charter Mod - New Frontier the link to it is in a previous post, you can have the tepees, etc as props or convert them so people are living in them or make them a storage area, the same for the large round ones and the longhouse ... just be careful if you do as they require things like muskets and arrowheads to do the conversion.

EDIT: Currently working on the harbour

Pat

Hrrmmmm looks nice for sure, might think about trying this one out

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie