• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

TTC - this is a great chuckle. I'm enjoying the quirky little township you've created :thumbsup:

Pat

Derry a great last 2 updates here... btw i forgot to ask you "did you intend for the flood or was it a result of the good ole rain tool curse LoL?????

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

I love the TeaTime Circular! Funny stuff and also a clever way to handle replies.  Very creative, TTC! And that mosaic is wonderful, too! It's always a pleasure to stop in here for an update! Keep up the fantastic work!

Snaper

It's a wonderful mosaic

We can beter see yout beautiful contry like that  &apls

bat

Beautiful mosaic! That area looks fantastic, TTC! Great animation! :thumbsup:

callagrafx

Looking extremely good there Derry, although there's just one thing missing........A Pub!  Now you know how the old folks kick if they can't get their pint of the ole black and white
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

threestooges

Sorry I've been away for a while, I'm currently out on a road trip (to celebrate graduating from college) with friends from school and haven't had time to stop by in a while. I'm now up in the Seattle, WA area and have internet access (obviously). What you have been up to lately is, quite simply, astounding. The circular must have taken some time to put together, but it is a great way to reply to visitors and to bring them into the MD/story more. I second pat's question regarding the flood: intentional or 'one of those things'? Also, regarding the pic pat had used to ask about the flora, I would like to ask what pw texture you are using for yours. It looks more detailed than what i'm currently using. Your winding streets still continue to impress me. They blend in so naturally. Finally, before I go off to start the day around here, congratulations on the award. This MD (and you as well) really deserve the honor (though the other MDs who have received it are quite worthy as well and show plenty of hard work themselves...hence the award).

jacqulina

hi derry,congratulations on your award,you deserve it,the work you are doing is very beautifull,wonderfull terraforming,and building,beautifull trails,all in all its amazing as are the pics my friend. &apls &apls

sebes

4 pages - an award - and a CJ upgrade... WOW  &apls

All natural of course, as this a VERY interesting, funny, quirky, pleasant, amusing, weird, entertaining, intriguing, fascinating and ... very well made CJ! Great job my friend!

&dance

(thanks for the body/fat ratio explanation : it made my day!!)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

flame1396

Quirky... very quirky... sebes got that right...

I like the farms and the region shot is supurb! Not a huge fan of the story CJ's though.

Excellent usage of the rain mod to simulate flooding. I figured that one out by accident :P
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

First of all some quick replies.

Ennedi: Thanks again for the tea.:D Much appreciated. :thumbsup:
Personally I'd prefer to cycle them. That way I could enjoy the beauty
of the rural areas more  ;)

Matt325: thank you very much ;D - lots of weird ideas to come  ::)

patfirefghtr: Yo welcome back. I had no $%Grinno$% intention in
having the river burst its banks. I think the continuous rain had
somethin to do with it  $%Grinno$%
Good job I had my wellies!  ::)

thundercrack83: Thank you. :thumbsup: It is time consuming producing
it but if I can get the templates right it may happen more often.
You are always welcome here my friend  :thumbsup:

Snaper: Once again I welcome you mon ami. ;D  There are more in the
making - RL permitting. ;)

Bat: Cheers my friend. Your comments always make me feel good. :thumbsup:

callagrafx: Lee - thanks but I think you missed the town pubs in macroom.
Scottish Inn and Pub have two premisis in Macroom and a number of smaller
establisments too. Now I know with your attention to detail that you musta
passed over them with you eyes and not noticed them as I think you may
have been searching for a Murphy' one eh my friend? I am sure as time goes
by one will appear ;)

threestooges: Nice to see you back. Many of your questions have been
answered above ;). As for the water I use - I tend to prefer the Sparkling
green by Sorchin. I am rather glad how they turn out but if you only knew
how long those bloody road bilders take what with all the new regulations
about Health and Safety, ::)  What handcream they have to apply every
15 mins ()what() and the regulation hourly teabreak ::) I wonder how any
every get built?
Thank you and "you have a good day now y'hear" ;)

jacqulina: Thank you. :D Your comments are always treasured. :thumbsup:
I do hope you are feeling better ;)  ()flower()

sebes: Welcome back. I am so glad you enjoyed your break ;) Thank you
so much.  :thumbsup: Its is great to have you back the room seemed empty
without you. Glad you like the body /fat ratio explanation.
It works for me too ;)

flame1396: Welcome. thank you for joining me in teatime. Different strokes
for different folks. Its not a problem if you dont like the stories - just enjoy
the pics. Tell me what you like and tell me what you don't - all your comments
are welcome. Don't worry I won't scratch you ;)

If I have missed anybody - ooops  &mmm So sorry.

Right now I suppose you would like some pics. Well as you know Macroom
is still a little rural town but some new business have set up shop. A pic to
help Lee ;) and a few teaser shots   oh and a quick query to boot. so without
futher ado here are a couple of those shots for you.

First we have a shot of Tesco's new store in Macroom. The residents are quite
pleased the store has opened but parking in the area is a nightmare and Tescos
are planning to build a carpark for the store behind it.

A nice shot of the Castle park at night

That shot for Lee

The next area being planned for development

Some teaser shots for you - smaller coz I dont want to spoil it too much for you

And lastly for the query

Even with the new NAM installed and correctly configured including the left hand
version, why does this still happen?

Any ideas anybody?

Sorry it so brief and only a few pics Rl is  :angrymore: hence the quick update.

Regards

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Fred_Ginger

TTC, thank goodness I had put my tea down when I started reading your wonderful MD  &apls, I had almost taken a drink when I got to Dr. Hurd Dem ::), I'd have had tea all over my pretty new monitor!  (BTW, does he have any trainees he'd be willing to send here to the States, specifically someone to take my doctor's place?  I'm so tired  of hearing "You need to exercise and to lose weight!")

You know, I think you are kinda crazy, fortunately, I really like crazy :thumbsup:!  Can't wait to read more, and be assured, I'll follow this MD closely - I need the laughs!
:D
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

sebes

That teaser is making me  ?=mad)=

And the arrows are just to remind you that you in fact have the cars driving on the wrong side....  :P
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Ennedi

It seems to me Macroom's citizens would be more satisfied, if you would build a pub or two, and a restaurant with good seafood instead of Tesco (what do you think about it?  ;))

Nice peninsula. This high building (lighthouse? viewtower?) looks beautiful and it will, if the rest of buildings around it will be low. :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

callagrafx

Damn, missed those  :thumbsup: Not searching for Murph's in particular, just a pint of Murph's in general.  I have some friends in the real Macroom, lovely place.

Actually what it needs is a Centra rather than a Tesco
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

thundercrack83

Great update, TTC! I can't wait to see the Tesco with the car park, and how you're going to develop the new area you have planned. I hope you can solve your traffic problem, too!

Pat

&apls :thumbsup: Wonderful update my friend!!! i as well cant wait to see what happens w/tesco park...  Ohh the arrow thing i think ummm what sebes said is true you know our dear friends at EA just has to say you better be driving on the right side of the road not left  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Russell

This MD is a surprise to me. Great sense of humour.  &apls

Snaper

It's very beautiful, I like much the small images which show from every angle the village  :thumbsup:

For your problem, sorry, I don't know  ()sad()

Bravo my firend  &apls

bat

A lot of great pictures, TTC! Wonderful picture of that castle park! Great development on that new area! :thumbsup:

I also cannot say the reason for your problem! :(