• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RONDNOIR ~ the small Principality ~ Biganos - Replies and Teaser Old Watermill ~

Started by Framly, May 06, 2010, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Fantastic update.
I really like the cable car that goes across the river.  Great idea and don't be surprised if I try something like that in my MD/city. ;)  The paths along the side of the river looks great as well.
An all around great pleasure to look over! &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

Holy crap thats a HUGE update!

It makes me feel like Im looking at pictures of Switzerland...you really captured the essence of that little town perfectly!

This was a great, GREAT, update :)

RickD

Great work. This was worth waiting for. I got a feeling this will be an extraordinary OSITM.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

cubby420

You are something else...superb update. Ingenious use of buddybud's walls. The Rondnoir Corner was probably my favorite part of town.  &apls  &apls

Looks like this will be a good month!  ;D

Sciurus

It's an amazing work, but I find it a bit to empty for a little city :thumbsup: If you see what I mean? Well, it's too "spaced", the W2Ws are not near enough. ;)
I laughed when I saw "La Pointe" because my history teacher has gat the same name, Mr Lapointe ::)

Guillaume :thumbsup:

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jayster

Very nice! I'm very glad I went back and checked out your other updates!  &apls  &apls

Keep up the AMAZING work!

Jayster

Paul 999

Battlecat

Wow!  These shots are absolutely stupendous!  I love what you've done with your waterfront.

Framly

Hi,

i have BAAAAD news. The PropPox infected my Mios! The Map ist almost done and i have a backup, but i've to find a solution for the future...My next Update will be delayed for a few days...Here a picture from the infection :(

:'( :thumbsdown:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

cubby420

OH NO!  ()sad()

Good luck fighting this cursed infection Framly. In light of your OSITM status at the time of infection, I propose we make this, the month of October, Prop Pox Awareness Month::)

Here, have a ribbon:

But seriously, good luck dealing with this game breaking issue. Great work with the backup by the way. Hopefully not all is lost. Looking forward to the day you get things up and running again!  :)

RickD

Oh no. I had the same issue. I am sorry but I can not make you any hope that it can be fixed.  :-[
I ended up deleting the city file and importing it again from a freshly rendered region. All my backups did develop the pox, too. As far as I understood, if you had the offending prop in your plugin folder only once when you opened the tile, it is doomed. I am just waiting for it to happen in other tiles, too.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Framly

Update 3.2

- From the Cistercian monastery Maiolus towards to the nuclear power plant Mios -

..we continue our journey in Lillet. Lillet is a district of Mios and developed in the "Roaring 60s" of Mios.

As usual...an overview..

The Bordeaux quarter - A working-class neighborhood of the 60s.

The Collège Charles de Gaulle and the Agency for Civic Education.

The Bordeaux quarter - Impressions

The home of Gironde Mios, the Football-Club plays in the 6th French League.

Lillet-Courbe - a small residential area near the Park de Wermelskirchen..

..and close to the A660. the highway connects the principality with the region Bordeaux.

On the edge of the highway different companies have settled.

The Catholic girls College of Lillet.

The Park de Wermelskirchen. The park was specially renamed for the German sister city Wermelskirchen.
The city partnership exists since 1986.

The historical garden palace was originally located in the Prince Garden Marien.

And now we visit the ruins of the Cistercian monastery Maiolus. The monastery was built around 1300 and it was the first Cistercian monastery in western France. 300 friars lived and worked here.
Today the ruin is in hand of the prince foundation and a popular tourist spot.

The name of City Mios originated from the monastery name Maiolus.

Who works in the trailer?!?!.. i leave it to your imagination.. ;)

An now we visit the nuclear power plant Mios. Please turn off your mobile phone and put your visitors helmets on.

I would like to give you a brochure with some facts

1970, a comprehensive energy agreement with the French energy giant EDF has been closed. 18 years later the nuclear power plant was built. The nuclear waste is taken to the reprocessing plant at La Hague

The cooling water comes from the Eyre.

And now we leave the nuclear power plant ...

..and see you next week in Mios again ..

Franky :P

I still fighting against the PropPox, but 95% of the Project Mios are done  ;)

Thanks for all your nice comments

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

nbvc

canyonjumper

Looking awesome Framly! I like the heavy usage of GLR and Trams, as well as retaining walls, very well done!

Your friend,
                                         Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

marsh

Looks awesome. Massive update too! ;D

,marsh  :thumbsup:

cubby420

Great gigantic update! Nice to see you pop out another update so soon after experiencing problems.

solsystem

Wonderful pics as always! I love your riverbanks with the cablecar and the walls.

Girafe

So frenchy  :D

Like your work, attention to details and realism

Good job  &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sciurus

I love I love I love!! I saw that you wrote that: "The home of Gironde Mios, the Football-Club plays in the 6th French League." The 6th French League which you mean is the "Division Honneur". It's the "first" under division of the regional divisions. Because it's like this:
Ligue 1, Ligue 2, Nationale, CFA1, CFA2 and then the regional divisions (which has 6 under divisions) and the departementals disctricts (which has 6 under divisions in the region where is The Principality of Rondnoir, Aquitaine). I hope you understood this little course of french football $%Grinno$%

Well, the "Roaring 60's" of Mios, I think you speak about the "Trente Glorieuses" (and in french: Trente Glorieuses) in France. I think it's that, because I see a lot of blocks of flats ^^

Otherwise, it's wonderful, "magnificole" as says our president :D

Guillaume &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Tomas Neto

Wow..., awesome update!!! Really great!!!  &apls